Location: Bridgend, Wales
Contract type: Full-time
Date Closing: 11 January
This is a significant opportunity to contribute to the exciting and growing mission of one of Europe's leading theological institutions. Union School of Theology is looking to recruit an Academic Registrar on a permanent contract with a passion for administrative excellence as an expression of Christian service. They will provide expertise in areas such as academic administrative process, quality assurance, maintaining relationships with official bodies and student record systems. The successful candidate will be committed to developing creative and collaborative solutions, and enhancing all aspects of our educational administration as we grow leaders for growing churches.
As a senior member of the administrative team, this varied role will require the successful candidate to:
- ensure effective delivery of comprehensive student administrative and support systems including the maintenance and continuing development of student records and databases; and ensuring compliance with current Data Protection and Prevent legislation.
- Maintain and further enhance the student experience at UST by overseeing the processing of prospective student interviews, and student enrolment, registration, overseeing examination arrangements, and by membership of the Quality Assurance Committee.
- Continue to develop the School’s relationship with official bodies, such as its university validator (the Open University), the Quality Assurance Agency, Student funding agencies (HEFCE and HEFCW), and the UKVI and Border Agency with respect to overseas students.
- Work closely with the Provost on matters relating to academic strategy and administration across the School, including developing agendas, agenda items and records for the Academic Board, and for the Academic Strategy Committee.
- Work in collaborative partnership with the Academic Dean and the Directors of the Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research degree programmes, and the Programmes Administrator to support and enhance their work, and the studies and experience of learners at UST.
- Undertake the role of Academic Registrar in such a way as to present the ethos, vision, mission, and values of Union to current and prospective students, local churches, supporters and visitors.
- Contribute to the spiritual life of Union School of Theology through regular attendance and participation in times of community worship and to offer pastoral advice where necessary during the course of interaction with students, including those with learning support needs.
In order to be considered for this post it is highly advantageous to have had previous experience of working in Higher Education in a similar capacity. With excellent organisational and communication skills you will have the ability to manage a varied workload and deal confidently with people at all levels of seniority.
Union School of Theology is an evangelical Christian theological college, and the Academic Registrar is required to deal with staff and students on matters of personal belief and Christian theological education, therefore it is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that the jobholder be a Christian who holds to our Basis of Faith.
If you are interested in finding out more about this new opportunity, please register your interest by submitting your CV in Word format together with a covering letter setting out your experience and skills relevant to this post, to email@example.com.