Location: Union’s Wales Campus
Salary Range: £40–42K
Contract type: Full-time
Date Closing: Friday 13th September 2019
Union School of Theology is a leader in cutting-edge evangelical education with a campus in Wales, a centre in Oxford and many Learning Communities world-wide. Fast growing and influential in Europe, it offers bachelor and advanced degrees in theology. Under the leadership of our President, Dr Michael Reeves, who has brought a new and expansive vision to Union, we are now looking to recruit a Provost to join the academic leadership of the School and help Union expand its national and international reach.
The Provost will:
- provide high level leadership of the School
- teach and help build the School’s international academic and theological reputation
- ensure the effective delivery and academic quality of all programmes, including management of academic staff
- create and maintain a learning environment in each of the School’s training modes, to provide a warm, vibrant and transformational experience for students
This is a high level academic leadership position in a theological setting, and so the right candidate will be a person of mature spiritual character, able to demonstrate proven leadership, academic and pastoral abilities, and have the vision, initiative, passion and energy to help provide frontline direction for the School. In particular, we will be looking for:
Essential skills and experience
PhD, or other doctorate, in a theological discipline
Ability to think and plan at a strategic level
Prior pastoral experience in a local church
Administrative and managerial experience
Experience working and teaching in a theological college or seminary
Effective personal and communication skills
A known profile within the evangelical community by virtue of a record of publications
UST is a Christian theological school and therefore it is a genuine occupational requirement that the jobholder is a practising Christian believer who holds to our doctrinal Basis of Faith (please see our website: https://www.ust.ac.uk/about-us/values-doctrine). Union employs qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, or disability. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
The role of Provost is based at the Wales Campus in Bridgend, but the jobholder may be asked to teach at or represent Union at other sites and locations as required by the President from time to time.
- A negotiable salary and benefits package commensurate with a role of this calibre and which reflects your experience and skills
- Help lead a vibrant School of Theology fuelled by evangelical research and producing resources for the church’s mission
- Help build and work with a faculty team to deliver quality education and exceptional student experience
- Work in a collaborative, collegial environment with strong support at the highest levels within the institution and the community
- The location of the campus offers an excellent place to live. Family members will discover a warm, open community that offers an array of activities, amenities, services and opportunities whether they are looking for quality education, meaningful employment, or simply a safe, comfortable, and affordable place to live.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience and would like to apply for the role, or to find out more, please email your c.v. and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can provide a detailed Role Description on request.