What is a Phoebe Scholarship?
Our Phoebe Scholarships will equip women to be a blessing to Christ’s church through rigorous theological study. Phoebe was a woman commended for her outstanding service to the church, and Paul urged the church to support her (Romans 16:1-2). At Union School of Theology we recognise that many women desire to serve the church and are keen to study theology, but are often hindered by the financial cost. Therefore, we are thrilled to offer two full scholarships for women to study on our BA (Hons) programme starting in September 2019.
What does the scholarship include?
The Phoebe Scholarship will cover the fees for the BA (Hons) Theology programme, and students will also receive mentoring from female lecturers. Where students are eligible for Student Finance, the scholarship will cover accommodation on campus.
Who can apply?
The Phoebe Scholarships are for women who are:
- Eager to study on the BA programme on campus for 3 years full-time
- Able to demonstrate a deep personal commitment to theological study
- Working towards a clear goal in Christian ministry (e.g. a pastoral care position, cross-cultural ministry, working with a Christian agency, roles in education, writing, or taking the first steps to theological scholarship)
- Recommended by a supportive church or Christian ministry
- Able to raise the additional financial support required for living costs (UST will help prospective students go about this)
“I really value how the BA combines strong academic training with rich personal and pastoral formation. The staff and students have made me feel so welcome and supported. In God’s kindness, I’ve found a loving family in Union which is shaping me for future ministry.” Chika, a 1st year BA student at UST
What are the next steps?
If you are interested in applying to the scholarship, please get in touch with Stephen, our Admissions Officer, who will give you more information (email@example.com).
Prospective applicants are welcome to visit the campus for our Open Day on the 23 February 2019, or if inconvenient, a Taster Day can be arranged.
Applications should be submitted by 10 May 2019.